About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services across Canberra. These services provide before and after school care, and school holiday programs. Our services focus on children. We place each child at the centre of our practice and deliver high-quality programs to foster children's emotional well-being, social skills, communication and confidence.
About the Role
Our Educators are responsible for the health and safety of the children in our care and proudly provide play-based learning in an exciting and innovative environment. A 2IC position is the first step in a career which is supported by a knowledgeable leadership team and there are many opportunities for growth and promotion.
- Have a passion for working with school aged children, with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Certificate IV in Children's Services or equivalent
- Ability to travel to a range of our centre locations
- At least 3 days a week availability for shifts
- A First Aid certificate will be highly regarded
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and be sure to include a cover letter, or contact the People, Culture and Wellness Team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing date for applications: 26/04/2023