About the Role
This position operates under direct supervision from Team Leader Children's Services Enrolments and reports to Manager Children's Services Enrolments Team. The role is required to provide administrative, organisational and financial support services to Child Care and Education Centres and Out of School Hours Care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake the enrolment function for Children's Services.
- Prepare accounts, receipt fees and produce receipts, respond to account enquiries.
- Liaise with Children's Services Staff and maintain effective working relationships across the Services and within the team.
- Assist in the provision of appropriate children's services promotion activities.
- Submit attendance documentation as required to meet Departmental CCMS requirements.
- Undertake call centre operations for clients
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team to provide a high standard of customer service.
- Well-developed computer skills and the ability to learn to use a variety of software packages including but not limited to the financial and/or administrative systems and Child Care management Software; ability to operate other office and associated systems.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to undertake a range of tasks within tight timeframes, exercising judgement as to priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records to ensure quality reporting is sustained.
- Current driver's license.
- General knowledge of Children's Services
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you can salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted early education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 4-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
Closing date for applications: 18/08/2023