Have you been considering a career in Vocational Education? Are you driven to guide, motivate and support adult learners byhelping them to achieve their vocational education goals?
If these words pique your curiosity, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
About the Role
Communities at Work 's Centre of Professional Learning and Education (CPLE) is a registered training organisation (RTO 88148) in Canberra, offering nationally recognised qualifications in Early Childhood Education and Care, and Business. We also provide professional development training workshops.
We currently have opportunities for an Adult Education Coach (Casual) to join our Centre of Professional Learning and Education (CPLE) Team.
As an Adult Education Coach specialising in language, literacy, numeracy, and digital literacy (LLND) skills, your primary responsibility will be to support and guide adult learners enrolled in the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification.
As an Adult Education Coach, you will be pivotal in fostering a positive and supportive learning environment that promotes the development of essential LLND skills among adult learners.
The role will assist adult learners to improve their reading, writing, and language abilities through assessing their individual learner needs, and provide personalised guidance to help them achieve their vocational education goals.
The Adult Education Coach is a Casual role to work for
- flexible hours between 7:00am to 7:00pm on weekdays and from 7:00am to 12:30pm on weekends (to be negotiated with your adult learner) and
- at an hourly of $55.90 per hour (including casual loading).
- Maintain current "Working With Vulnerable People" registration.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or evidence of actively working towards
- Bachelor degree and/or Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles.
- Excellent language, literacy, numeracy and digital literacy skills (minimum of ACSF Level 5)
- Current and relevant experience working in the Early Childhood Education and Care sector.
- Ability to meet the needs of learners from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work flexible work hours to facilitate coaching sessions outside of regular business hours.
- Current drivers' licence.
- Experience coaching adult learners within a vocational education setting.
- Experience delivering training and assessment services within an RTO environment.
What's in it for you:
- Wages in line with the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award and under Communities at Work Enterprise Agreement.
- Flexible work hours to facilitate coaching sessions outside of regular business hours.
- Salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019 to 2022) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY, be sure to include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For further questions please contact the People, Culture and Wellness team at email@example.com or contact at 02 6293 6220 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 06/08/2023