- Fixed Term
- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance quality of life and lead to positive social change.
About the Team
Our Ascend Program trainees work across our Child Care and Education Centres, and study with our Centre of Professional Learning and Education (CPLE) team. As Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, and three-time winner at the ACT Training Awards, we have a whole range of learning, development and experience to offer our trainees.
About the Role
Communities@Work's Ascend Program is a sector-leading traineeship, a structured, on-the-job development program. Successful applicants are provided the opportunity to obtain a qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care alongside an income working full-time in our children's services, over a period 15 months (though could be longer depending on the time taken to complete study).
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates gain a nationally recognised qualification (CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care) and a potential offer to begin a successful, long-lasting career educating the next generation of leaders and influencers with Communities@Work.
This opportunity is open to anyone who is energised by being part of a fantastic team - whether you are starting out a new career or whether you are interested in making a career change towards working with children.
Our Ascend Program has places available for a start in March 2022. Trainees in the program will be paid for 38 hours a week (full time) over 15 months and, if all requirements are met, graduate with a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30121).
The role will aid trainees to develop essential skills required to be a qualified early childhood educator, through both the study component of the program (full-time face-to-face classes one day a week) and the work component of the program (working in an Early Education & Care centre for the remaining 4 days of the week). You will be paid for all 5 days, 7.6 hours per day.
For more information on the qualification, units contained within the qualification, requirements, etc. download the Ascend Program brochure by visiting: https://www.commsatwork.org/ascend-program-childcare-traineeship/
To be eligible for the Ascend Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age, and
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- An eligible visa holder, and
- be willing to be engaged in full time employment at 38 hours per week.
Allocated shifts range between 7am - 6pm on Mondays to Fridays. You must be willing to work full shifts at 7.6 hour per day.
Please note that selected candidates will need to attend an Information Session and pass a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Assessment to progress in their application. More information will be provided.
Skills and Experience
The aim of the Ascend Program is to arm you with the skills, experience and qualification you need to become an educator in the early childhood sector. So, no prior experience is necessary to apply for the program.
However, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Passion for working with children
- Enthusiasm for learning
- A motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Excellent work ethic and a professional attitude
- Willingness to travel to several locations across Canberra
- 'Working With Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain.
Apply now to kickstart a growing career in early learning today and enjoy a job with meaning, security and satisfaction today.
- Earn while you learn - gain a qualification while engaged in paid employment
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards (tax benefits of working in not-for-profit)
- Employee childcare discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development as well as further study opportunities with our Registered Training Organisation, The Centre of Professional Learning and Education (RTO 88148)
How to Apply
Applications close on Monday 30th of January 2023.
To apply, click APPLY. Please contact the People Team for a confidential discussion on (02) 6293 6545 if you would like any further details.
Visit https://www.commsatwork.org/ascend-program-childcare-traineeship/ for more information about the Ascend Program and Communities@Work.
Closing date for applications: 10/01/2022