- Fixed Term
- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Child Care and Education Centres across Canberra, providing long day care services. Our child care and education centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning.
About the role
Communities@Work's Ascend Program is a unique traineeship that will open up a world of career and growth opportunities in the ACT and surrounding region.
Unlike many other traineeship programs, financial benefits and practical support is offered every step of the way. This opportunity is open to anyone who is energised by being part of a fantastic team - whether you are starting out a new career or whether you are interested in making a career change.
Communities@Work's Ascend Program has places available for a start in July 2021. Trainees in the program will be paid for 38 hours a week (full time) over 12 months and, if all requirements are met, graduate with a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) with potential to then study your Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care from Communities@Work's Centre of Professional Learning and Education (RTO 88148).
For more information, download the information brochure at www.commsatwork.org/ascend-program
Did you hear? Communities@Work won ACT Large employer for the year 2020, for the second year in a row, at the ACT Training Awards, for excellence in training and education. Apply now to work and train within our Award-winning Organisation!
- Provide for the care, education and wellbeing of each child
- Work across several Communities@Work centres
- Work with children from birth to 5 years
- Learn from experienced educators and mentors
- Complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113)
To be eligible for this program, you need to be:
- At least 18 years old by the 1st January 2021
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident OR a New Zealand Citizen who has lived in Australia for more than 6 months, OR a visa holder with work rights on a pathway to permanent residency and not excluded from participation in government funded training
- Able to pass a basic literacy and numeracy assessment not already holding other relevant qualifications in early childhood or education
- Committed to completing the 12 month program.
- Flexible work hours may be considered.
Skills and Experience
Whether you are starting out in a new career or whether you are interested in making a career change, no experience is required.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Passion for working with children
- Enthusiasm for learning
- A motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Excellent work ethic and a professional attitude
- Willingness to travel to several locations across Canberra
- 'Working With Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain.
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Applications close Wednesday 26 May 2021
To apply, click APPLY. Please contact the People Team for a confidential discussion on (02) 6293 6545 if you would like any further details.
Closing date for applications: 26/05/2021