- Canberra Area
- Pathway to Centre Management
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Salary Packaging Options available
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region.
About the role
Capital Hill Early Childhood Service is one of 13 child care and education centres operated by Communities@Work and is located at Parliament House.
This position is for a full time assistant manager on a 6 month contract, supporting the manager and the lead educator in the daily operational requirements and best practice
To be successful in this role, you will support the educators on the floor as well as the centre manager with your excellent organisation skills and strong sector experience. In addition, your excellent communication skills and in-depth knowledge of the EYLF will allow you to build excellent relationships with children, and families whilst mentoring and engaging your team of educators.
Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Children’s Services or Higher.
- Passion for Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Knowledge of Children Services and the National Quality Framework.
- ‘Working Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain.
- Support from a dedicated Lead Educator
- Do good, feel good with Communities@Work
- Above award wages
- Free Parking
- Healthy activity reimbursements
- Salary Package circa $60k - $65k pro rata
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development through our Registered Training Organisation
- Salary Packaging Options Available
How to Apply
Click APPLY or Michelle Napier in the Talent Management Team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.