- Casual Out of School Hours Care Educator
- Out of School Hours Care
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With 40 years of experience, we provide services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients within the Greater Capital Region.
About the role
We are currently looking for Casual Educators to work in our Out of School Hours Care programs with children Preschool - Year 6
There are 16 Out of School Hours Care programs being operated around the ACT, located in both North and South Canberra. Our programs operate between 7am and 9am in the mornings, and between 2pm and 6pm in the afternoons.
A role in Out of School Hours Care will also provide you with the opportunity of working within our School Holiday Programs, where you are able to engage in exciting activities and work longer hours.
- Prioritise the health and safety of the children in care
- Work with the Program Coordinator to develop programs and engage in activities with the children
- Prepare afternoon tea and support the needs of children
- Build relationships with children and families
- Involve play-based learning in an exciting environment, and implement key policies
Skills and Experience
- Must hold, or have applied for a "Working With Vulnerable People" registration
- Ability to travel to a range of our centre locations, particularly North Canberra
- At least 3 days a week availability for shifts
- A First Aid certificate will be highly regarded
- Great hourly rate - $20.83 + 25% casual loading
- Experience working with children may make you more competitive in the job market once you graduate from a Teaching, Psychology or Health degree
- An opportunity to 'Do Good' by working for a social enterprise that delivers quality community services
- Inclusive and culturally diverse workplace
- Professional development opportunities with our RTO
- Be part of a team that values excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
How to Apply
Follow the link to apply or contact Michelle Napier on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 21/12/2018