- South Canberra
- South Canberra Location
- Join an organisation with a great reputation
- Self starter
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region.
We deliver services to more than 20,000 people annually with a paid workforce of up to 700 staff, 150 self-employed family day care educators and the passionate committment of up to 300 volunteers.
About the role
Communities@Work currently have an opportunity for a cook to work at our Greenway Child Care and Education Centre. Ensure the provision of nutritional meals to children attending the centre. Managing the food stock and budgeting for the centre. Liaisng with centre management and ensuring a high level of food service and food safety. You will also be asked to contribute to educational opportunties for children to learn about food and nutrition. This is an ongoing part-time role working 60 hours per fortnight.
- Coordinate the delivery of nutritional and cost effective meals to children
- Prepare and serve meals and snacks
- Allow adequate preparation times in order to adhere to routines
- Maintain cleanliness throughout food preparation and eating areas
- Adhere to food safety standards at all times
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a food handling position
- Food Safety Supervisor Certification desirable
- Willingness to undergo other relevant training
- ‘Working Vulnerable People' registration, or ability to obtain
- Children’s Services experience will be highly regarded
- An opportunity to ‘Do Good’ by working for a social enterprise that delivers quality community services
- Inclusive and culturally diverse workplace
- Professional development opportunities with our RTO, including access to study leave
- Salary Packaging options available
- Access to employee child care discounts
- A range of healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Be part of a team that values excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier on (02) 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion. Applications close Friday the 21st of July 2017
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.