- Self Employed
- In Home Care
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region.
Communities@Work Family Day Care and In Home Care is one of the best in the nation, being the recipient of National Family Day Care Service of the year for both 2015 and 2016. Further to this service has achieved a rating of Exceeding Quality Standard under the National Quality Framework.
About the role
In Home Care is provided to families who meet specific set of guidelines, including the inability to access other types of approved childcare.
Their circumstances mean that an existing child care service cannot meet their needs and at least one of the following criteria also applies:
- The child or child's guardian (or guardian's partner) has an illness or disability that affects their ability to care for the child
- The child lives in a rural or remote area
- The work hours of the child's guardian (or guardian's partner) are hours when no other approved child care service is available
In Home Care Educators approved with Communities@Work Operate a small business and are required to hold or obtain the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. Educators will work within the families own home to deliver education and care that meets the needs of the family and their circumstances.
- Supervision of In Home Care children and maintain a duty of care at all times
- Provide high quality service in accordance with the National Quality Framework and Communities@Work Family Day Care and In Home Care policies and procedures
- Work within In Home Care National Guidelines
- Provide education and care to children in their home environment
- Work in partnership with the family and the coordination unit to provide high quality education and care in a home setting
Skills and Experience
- Must be 18 years old
- Hold or working towards Certificate III in Early Childhood Education.
- Previous experience working in Child Care and Education setting.
- 'Working Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain
- Police Check (less than 6 months old)
- Hold a First Aid Qualification
Do good, feel good with Communities@Work
Closing date for applications: 24/12/2020