- South Canberra
- Registered Training Organisation
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region. Communities@Work delivers a wide range of programs including Children's Services. We provide a safe, stimulating environment for the nurture and education of children through child care and education centres, family day care and in-home care, and out-of-school hours care.
About the role
Working under the direction of the RTO Manager, you will be required to provide in-class and in-service vocational education, training and assessment, as well as professional development programs. Key responsibilities of the role include enacting practices that support RTO administration, compliance and quality training and assessment. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, have great attention to detail, be able to work autonomously and have recent experience in training and assessment within the Early Education and Care profession.
- Provide best practice training and assessment to students of the Registered Training Organisation
- Ensure legislative requirements are completed, including finalising and marking assessments in a according to Communities@Work policy and procedures
- Maintain accurate and appropriate electronic records and complete day to day administration including enrolment and funding paperwork
- Ensure students have the required support successfully complete their course of study or professional development
- Assist in developing quality, contemporary training materials as well as learning and assessment strategies
- Undertake workplace observations in a Children's Service setting
- Commitment to continuous improvement, professional development and maintaining vocational competency.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working With Vulnerable People' registration
- Certificate IV or higher level qualification in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Diploma or higher in Early Education and Care
- Recent experience working within an education and care setting or early childhood learning environment, including knowledge of regulatory requirements, legislation, and the National Quality Standard
- Demonstrated knowledge of the VET sector, including standards and regulatory requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, staff and other organisations
- Knowledge and skill in developing and implementing training and professional learning programs, including experience in delivering programs in a class setting
- Ability to meet the needs of learners from diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds
- Ability to work and facilitate training outside regular business hours if required
- Do good, feel good with Communities@Work
- Discounted child care
- Healthy activity reimbursements
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer funded training opportunities
- Salary packaging options available
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Talent Management Team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 01/06/2018