- Corporate Services
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region.
About the role
Under limited direction from the Finance Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer you will be required to undertake all budgeting, costing, acquittals and financial analysis for a suite of nominated programs. Your role will be instrumental in the coordination of quality accounting and financial governance advice and support the Executive Finance staff and Chief Finance Officer in the management of accounting functions and financial reporting of the organisation.
- Review and distribute the monthly financial reports to Program Managers and Directors;
- Provide monthly variance reports to Program Managers - and follow up with a review meeting;
- Oversee end-of-month Balance Sheet Reconciliations;
- Lead the preparation of annual budgets and mid-year budget revision/re-forecast;
- Assist Program Managers with the preparation of budgets for grants and tenders;
- Assist with the preparation of Financial acquittals required for Grants received;
- Calculation and posting of cost allocations;
- Preparation of adhoc Financial reporting, as required;
- FBT returns;
- Develop, improve and document business processes and accounting policies;
- Other Finance duties as directed.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary accounting qualifications with CA or CPA status;
- Ability to operate with limited supervision, to exercise sound judgment, demonstrate initiative and be responsive to changing work requirements;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team environment and effectively liaise with internal and external contacts;
- Ability to problem solve and implement chang;
- Good MS Office skills, including excellent Excel skills;
- NAV experience desired - otherwise high level Accounting Software computer systems skills; and
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration.
- Current driver's license
- Do good, feel good with Communities@Work
- Healthy activity reimbursements
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer funded training opportunities
- Salary packaging options available
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Manager, Recruitment on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 20/07/2018