- North Canberra
- Fixed Term
- Lifestyle Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to support positive educational outcomes, and build resilient, sustainable and socially inclusive communities in the ACT and capital region. To find out more, please visit our websitewww.commsatwork.org
About the role
The person in this role is responsible for the coordination of Transport Service bookings including interaction with clients, accurate data entry of requirements, allocation of transport runs that are efficient for drivers and associated administrative tasks.
You are a liaison between our client, driver and organisation and are pivotal in the effective operation of Communities@Work's transport service. To excel in this role you need to enjoy providing exceptional customer service for both external and internal customers, be able to enter data quickly and accurately and contribute to a small but high performing team.
1. take calls from clients seeking transport, which involves:
- responding to transport service enquiries and client booking requests
- advise clients on current service issues
- provide excellent customer service
2. enter accurate records and data into the transport database which involves:
- intake clients
- prepare data and service reports
- general administration duties
3. coordinate drivers and vehicles, which involves:
- coordinate and allocate transport bookings, drivers and vehicles
- driver liaison, support and problem solving
- prepare daily schedules for drivers and volunteers
- facilitate the maintenance of vehicles
- provide on-call phone services after-hours as scheduled
4. Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Excellent communication, organisational and telephone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills, including accurate data entry and an understanding of databases and a clear understanding and strong commitment to the practice of professional boundaries
- Proven experience in performing administrative tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work as a supportive and positive team member
- A current driving licence
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing administrative tasks including data base use and the ability to rapidly acquire TMA Software package competency
- Capacity to work to the National Standards relating to disability, community and aged care services
- A current driving licence without restrictions
- Experience in a community transport environment
- Experience working with volunteers and responding to their needs
- Sound knowledge of the Canberra region and the ACT road system
Working for Communities@Work
There are many benefits to working at Communities@Work, not least of which the incredible difference is we make in the lives of people in our community. We offer our employees a range of generous employee benefits, such as leave concessions, child care discounts, healthy activity reimbursements and salary packaging. We also work with you to support your career development.
Financial benefits of working for a not-for-profit
As a not-for-profit charity, the taxation laws provide tax concessions for Communities@Work employees, meaning that a part of your wage can be paid tax free. Further to this, employees are able to package dine in meals & accommodation. These benefits increase the take home pay for many of our employees by many thousands of dollars per year. If you'd like to find out more, please visit Advantage Salary Packaging's (our salary packaging provider) website which provides an overview.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Manager, Recruitment on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 14/08/2020