- Cook, Child Care and Education Centre
- Children's Services
About the Team
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Child Care and Education Centres centres across Canberra, providing long day care services. Our child care and education centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Centre Cook to join the Communities at Work team. Weekday shifts only, you will prepare nutritional meals for children in one of our Southside Communities at Work friendly education and care service.
- Ensure food safety records are completed across the service, submit records and file.
- Delivery of nutritional meals that support the curriculum, care schedule and routine of the Centre
- In liaison with the centre manager, be responsible for the food budget and order food within budget, menus and food safety guidelines
- Communicate effectively with children, their families and colleagues about the provision of meals that support family preferences, allergies, cultural requests and other dietary requirements
- Be responsible for the regulatory standard relating to food storage, preparation of meals, delivery of meals and maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and hygiene in the food preparation area
- Support any special initiative or events as part of play based learning, including composting or gardening.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Experience in a food preparation
- General knowledge of a Child Care and Education Centres
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Food safety certificate
- First Aid certification
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 23/07/2022