- South Canberra
- Cook, Child Care and Education Centre
- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Child Care and Education Centres across Canberra, providing long day care services. Our child care and education centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Permanent Part Time Centre Cook to join the Communities@Work team .
Weekday shifts only, you will prepare nutritional meals for children in one of our Southside Communities@Work friendly education and care service.
- Ensure food safety records are completed across the service, submit records and file.
- Delivery of nutritional meals that support the curriculum, care schedule and routine of the Centre
- In liaison with the centre manager, be responsible for the food budget and order food within budget, menus and food safety guidelines
- Communicate effectively with children, their families and colleagues about the provision of meals that support family preferences, allergies, cultural requests and other dietary requirements
- Be responsible for the regulatory standard relating to food storage, preparation of meals, delivery of meals and maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and hygiene in the food preparation area
- Support any special initiative or events as part of play based learning, including composting or gardening.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Experience in a food preparation
- General knowledge of a Child Care and Education Centres
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Food safety certificate
- First Aid certification
Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
Inclusive and friendly workplace
Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
Employee child care discounts
Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture & Wellness Team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 29/04/2022