- South Canberra
- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Centre
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Child Care and Education Centres across Canberra. Our child care and education centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning. This established Centre provides ongoing and inclusive care to the children and their families.
About the Role
As a Centre Manager you will be responsible for the operation and day to day running of the Centre. You will be responsible for centre compliance and staff development. Your previous experience will ensure that Communities@Work's Purpose, Mission and Values are reflected in a high performing centre with inclusive and respectful communication with the Educators, families, the school and the wider community.
To successfully carry out the duties required, you will hold at minimum a Diploma qualification and have experience as a Centre Manager with demonstrated ability to lead and manage all aspects of a busy and diverse workplace. Your excellent communication skills will assist in engaging with families and working with the management team.
You will also have:
- Current Working with Vulnerable People registration
- Boundless enthusiasm, excellent people skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Experience at developing positive client relationships, be a great team player but also have the confidence to work autonomously
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement and a sound knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 08/10/2021