- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Child Care and Education Centres across Canberra, providing long day care services. Our child care and education centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning.
About the role
As a Certificate III educator, you will provide quality care and education for children in your supervision as well as upholding quality standards and the Communities@Work philosophy. Join a tight-knit team to teach about sustainability and community involvement. Bring your enthusiasm and experience to start your new role. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Help us to create a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment and build strong relationships with children, families and the community.
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
Skills and Experience
- Certificate III or Higher in Children's Services or studying towards
- Passion for working with children
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- 'Working Vulnerable People' registration or willing to obtain
- Experience with writing supporting documentation such as; observations and learning stories will be highly regarded
How to Apply
Please click Apply Now or contact People, Culture and Wellness Team on (02) 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 30/06/2021