- South Canberra
- Child Care and Education
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients within the Greater Capital Region.
We deliver services to more than 20,000 people annually with a paid workforce of up to 700 staff, 150 self-employed family day care educators and the passionate commitment of over 300 volunteers.
Communities@Work delivers a diverse range of programs. This includes our Children's Services. We provide a safe, stimulating environment for the nurture and education of children through child care and education centres, family day care and in-home care, and out-of-school hours care.
About the role
Communities@Work is currently looking for a highly motivated educator at our Taylor Childare and Education Centre in Kambah. As a Certificate III educator you will provide quality care and education for children in your supervision as well as upholding quality standards and the Communities@Work philosophy. Join a tight-knit team to teach about sustainability and community involvement. Bring your enthusiasm and experience to start your new role. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
- Help create a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment
- Assist in the implementation of daily care routines
- Build strong relationships with children, families and the community
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of interest based curriculum for individual and groups of children
- Record observations for individual children and groups of children for program planning and assessment of children's learning
- Sustain health & safety standards and guidelines
- Ensure that our philosophy, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
Skills and Experience
- Certificate III or Higher in Children's Services or studying towards
- Passion for working with children
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- 'Working Vulnerable People' registration or willing to obtain
- Experience with writing supporting documentation such as; observations and learning stories will be highly regarded
- An opportunity to 'Do Good' by working for a social enterprise that delivers quality community services
- Full time role
- Inclusive and culturally diverse workplace
- Professional development opportunities with our RTO, including access to study leave
- Salary Packaging options available
- Access to employee child care discounts
- A range of healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Be part of a team that values excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
How to Apply
Please click Apply Now or contact Michelle Napier on (02) 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 02/10/2020