- Community Development
About the Role
Under the guidance of the Community Development Manager the Community Development Officer will assist with the development and delivery of the organisation's Community Development and New & Emerging Communities programs.
Communities@Work has a focus on Asset Based Community Development to foster and encourage the development of sustainable communities.
- Contribute to Community Development across the ACT
- Assist with the development and delivery of sustainable activities across the program
- Provide support and guidance to groups and individuals in developing and implementing community building activities as required including some out of normal business hour activities (evening/weekends)
- Where applicable, facilitate the integration of community development initiatives into existing programs and strategies
- As required manage consultations with individuals, groups and other agencies in the development and implementation of projects
- Assist in the development and maintenance of specified data and evaluation of service provision
- Facilitate a continuous quality improvement approach to the development, implementation and review of community projects
- Maintain appropriate administration records, monitor processes, evaluate service provision and provide a high level of reporting to management and stakeholders as required
- Develop and maintain excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Act as a Champion for the organisation and seek opportunities to promote Communities@Work's Vision and Values
- Other program tasks as directed
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you can salary package up to $15,900 and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year. Additionally, you can package up to $2,650 in meal entertainment.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 31/05/2022