- Organisational Support
About the Role
Under limited direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Contracts Officer is the primary point of contact for contract related actions. The position will review contractual documents for accuracy, performance risk and conformance with contract terms, conditions, and other provisions. This includes coordinating and reviewing contracts, collaborating with the program managers and to proactively identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all external contracts to ensure the delivery of outcomes in line with Service Level Agreement obligations.
- Manage and monitor the day-to-day operations of third-party contracts including responding to requests.
- Regularly meet with key suppliers to allow for feedback / reporting on service provision.
- Manage the Contractor management software ("On Location") to monitor contractor compliance.
- Maintain strong relationships with external contractors and property lessors including effective management of enquires, issues, disputes, variations, risks and undertaking negotiations with suppliers.
- Assist with the transition of new contractors as they are on-boarded into the business.
- Manage the procurement and negotiation of new contracts.?
- Report to the CFO on contract issues, contract expiry terms and advise on extensions (or need to go to tender).
- Manage the relationship between the internal stakeholders and external contractors.
- Review contractual documents for accuracy, performance, risk and conformance with terms & conditions, and other provisions.? This includes coordinating and reviewing contracts, collaborating with program managers to proactively identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Intermediate to Advanced level with Microsoft 365 Office suite of programs
- Ability to work with limited direction
- Demonstrated stakeholder relationship management skills
- Able to work with various software programs or ability to learn quickly
- Negotiation skills
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay by thousands of dollars with Salary Packaging
- Access discounted childcare and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and ensure to include a cover letter or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles
Closing date for applications: 30/09/2022