- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Child Care and Education Centres across Canberra, providing long day care services. Our child care and education centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Diploma Qualified Educator at a number of Centres in Canberra. These vacancies are for a highly motivated, Diploma qualified Educator who has a strong familiarity with practice frameworks. You will support your Team and Centre Management to ensure the provision of quality education and care as well as be responsible for some curriculum programming.
- Develop, implement and evaluate program for all ages
- Provide for the care, education and wellbeing of each child
- Provide a safe, interactive and stimulating environment
- Ensure records are maintained for each child
- Provide support to children with identified needs
- Guide a team of educators
- Develop and maintain relationships with children and families
Skills and Experience
- Diploma of Children's Services or ACECQA equivalent
- Passion for working with children
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- 'Working Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain
- Experience with writing supporting documentation such as; observations and learning stories
- Strong experience with relevant curriculum frameworks
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture & Wellness Team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 18/04/2021