- Children's Services
About the Role
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Child Care and Education Centres across Canberra, providing long day care services. Our child care and education centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning.
We currently have opportunities for Diploma Qualified Educators at a number of Centres in Canberra. These vacancies are for highly motivated, Diploma qualified Educators who have a strong familiarity with best practices and all aspects of the frameworks. You will lead in all aspects of quality education and care and work with the Leadership Team to drive continuous quality improvement and best practice approaches.
You will enjoy working with children, building positive relationships, and delivering fun and engaging activities in an exciting environment.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package up to $15,900 and increase your take-home pay by thousands of dollars per year. Additionally, you may package up to $2,650 in meal entertainment.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out-of-school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training, and mentoring with the 3-time winner of the Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 02/07/2022