About the Role
We have Life Skill Educator (Disability) roles available for people who want to help make a difference to clients in our Adult Day Programs, Teens After School and Holiday Programs and Specialist Children's Holiday programs.
We are looking for people to support our clients (adults and children) to develop and maintain independent living skills with flexible hours during weekdays and the ability to for you to learn and grow in your role.
The right candidates will work face to face with people with a disability promoting activities that offer meaningful experiences to apply in their day-to-day life. Some work may include Personal care, feeding, and working with clients with a Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- We want people with a passion for supporting others to live their best life and the ability to see potential in people and shows initiative.
- We need people who have high energy and enthusiasm with the ability to be proactive and respond to change.
- We need people who genuinely listen and engages in self-reflection whilst developing rapport with people on their learning journey.
- All staff should hold a current Driver's Licence, a First Aid certificate, A Working with Vulnerable people Card (with NDIS Worker Screening Check) and also be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted childcare and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 4-time winner of the Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 07/12/2022