- Child Care and Education
Our quality Early Education services are located across Canberra and each provides a safe space to nurture children and assist them to thrive, learn and develop. We offer a career path through Early Childhood Education and beyond with ongoing development opportunities.
Communities at Work have a number of vacancies across Canberra, and we are currently recruiting for:
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Team Leaders
- Certificate III and Diploma Educators; and
- Casual Educators
To be successful you will need:
- A suitable qualification (or actively working towards)
- A current WWVP registration
- Knowledge of the EYLF
- Experience working with children 0-5 years.
- Above Award Wages
- Increase your take-home pay! Communities at Work has charity status, so you can salary package.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 4-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of children's services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and ensure to include a cover letter or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles
Closing date for applications: 15/12/2022