About the Role
As an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT), your role will be to develop, implement and evaluate an educational program based on contemporary early childhood theory. The ECT will maintain a high standard of practice and demonstrate excellent communication skills working within a diverse team. Your knowledge of the National Quality Framework and active support of children's contribution to a play based learning environment that encourages and respects children's interests, strengths and abilities will see you do well in this role.
You will work alongside the tight-knit team, the passionate Children's services manager, educational leadership team and the families to develop an appropriate program for individual children or groups of children in our care. This is an important role within our centres and proven leadership skills, energy and commitment to excellence in early education are a must.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take-home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out-of-school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training, and mentoring with the 4-time winner of the Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 16/04/2023