- Self Employed
- Children’s Services
About the role
Communities at Work's Family Day Care is an award-winning service that provides high quality early education and care in an educator's own home. Our Family Day Care Coordination Unit supports educators in the day to day running of their Family Day Care, offering ongoing mentoring and support, and delivering professional development and training.
Family Day Care Educators approved with Communities at Work operate a small business from their own homes and are required to hold the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. Educators work in partnership with families and the coordination unit to provide an educational small group environment for children, catering for young babies to pre-teens and can offer care during standard hours, before/after school, during school holidays, shift work or irregular hours.
- Supervision of Family Day Care and maintain a duty of care to the children at all times
- Provide high quality service in accordance with the National Quality Framework and Communities at Work Family Day Care policies and procedures.
- Provide education and care to Family Day Care children in a home environment
- Work in partnership with families and the coordination unit to provide high quality care in a home setting
Skills and Experience
- Hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education.
- Previous experience working in Child Care and Education setting.
- 'Working with Vulnerable People' or Working with Children registration, or willingness to obtain
- Police Check (less than 6 months old)
- Hold a First Aid Qualification in education and Care
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 30/10/2022