- Organisational Support
About the Role
Under the guidance and support of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), this position is responsible for completing administrative duties required for the facilities and fleet responsibilities under the External Contracts Management team. The role overseeas the contractor maintenance program for Communities at Work buildings and coordinates with the Contracts Officer and external providers to achieve the required outcomes for the Organisation.
- Coordination of facilities administrative requirements include that buildings are safe and all equipment and devices (including waste disposal) operates properly.
- Oversee Contractor Maintenance schedules throughout our buildings.
- Administration of the Electronic Facilities Management and Fleet Management systems.
- Assist the CFO in overseeing all activities within facilities to ensure they meet Health and Safety standards.
- Works with the CFO and Contracts Officer to track expenses and coordinate with external vendors.
- Fleet administration and management over our fleet of leased vehicles. Maintain accurate records of vehicles.
- Works to ensure Policies and Procedures are up to date for Facilities and Fleet services to the organisation.
- Works with the Organisations Directors and Programs with Fleet vehicles to ensure they schedule servicing and maintenance of vehicles under their responsibility.
- As part of organisational support team, will as necessarily work within responsibilities to assist the Contracts Officer, Technology Manager, Finance, and IT teams to fulfill requirements.
- Work to create and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay by thousands of dollars with Salary Packaging if eligible
- Access discounted childcare and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 4-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and ensure to include a cover letter or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles
Closing date for applications: 06/10/2022