- Organisational Support
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Role
The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and will plan, develop and implement Communities@Work's marketing and communication strategies and initiatives to drive Communities@Work's Strategic Plan. This role contributes significantly to organisational success, growth, innovation, and the development and promotion of Communities@Work as a leader in the community sector.
- Manage Communities@Work's brand and marketing and communications strategies and initiatives to drive Communities@Work's Strategic Plan
- Lead and manage the Marketing and Communications team and activities
- Manage Communities@Work's marketing and communications strategy, including:
- strategic public relations
- media relations
- content marketing
- digital marketing
- social media
- reporting and market research
- Manage Communities@Work's events strategy to leverage and promote Communities@Work's expertise and thought leadership
- Drive a positive customer journey to deliver a better experience and outcome for customers and clients and increase lifetime value of clients
- Support business development activities to drive business goals, identify new business opportunities, build relationships and drive positive partnerships and opportunities for growth
- Manage relevant platforms and assets, including contracts and subscriptions with external agencies and suppliers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborative relationships with community sector associates
- Drive continuous improvement and development of Communities@Work's marketing and communications through ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Manage allocated budget to maximise results
- Report on progress and outcomes to the CSO
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training in marketing, communications, media and stakeholder relations and business development.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail and proven high level organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage workflows and balance competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, and to work effectively in a small, diverse and busy team environment.
- Customer focused and flexible.
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Experience and skill in videography.
- An understanding of the community and/or charity sector.
- Current driver's licence
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 04/09/2021