- 172 Dixon Drive, Holder
- Organisational Support
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Role
The People Advisor provides effective and efficient People and Culture services across several programs of the organisation, as determined from time to time, supporting both employees and management throughout the employment lifecycle. They are a generalist who is responsible for a broad range of People activities including legislative compliance, coordination of people and culture projects and programs, recruitment and onboarding, performance and development, remuneration and benefits, document development, reporting and record keeping.
- Act as the People team SME for Workforce Planning. Identify and implement key strategies responsible for interpreting, analysing, and making recommendations to improve the workforce to optimise efficiencies.
- Act as the People team SME for the organisations recruitment process, being responsible for ensuring relevant systems are maintained and policies, processes and guidelines are implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Support managers throughout the recruitment process, ensuring the key skills and attributes are recruited to deliver the Communities@Work strategic plan.
- Oversee the employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes, for designated programs.
- Partner with managers to provide organisation design that supports programs, focusing on having the right people in the right roles, in line with the organisations overall strategy.
- Work with managers to build strong internal succession plans, identifying business critical roles and development opportunities.
- Identify training and development gaps within the programs and liaise with the managers to implement strategies to address these.
- Provide advice to managers and employees around the EA, policies, procedures and general legislation.
- Prepare and / or review People related documentation as required including variation paperwork, employment contracts, employment related letters, IFA's and position descriptions.
- Ensure all relevant employment related licences, certificates, qualifications, visa's and other relevant documents are current and retained on file.
- Partner with managers to deliver induction, coaching and development (including performance reviews) to create a high performing team with clear measures, development plans and support mechanisms.
- Create, review and update policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare reports, as required.
- Undertake People related projects.
- Other duties as directed.
Skills and Experience
- Previous recent experience in a generalist private enterprise HR role
- A can-do proactive attitude with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and manage competing priorities
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of Australian employment law
- Relevant qualification in Human Resources and / or previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience using PeopleStreme
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 29/09/2021