- Program Coordinator
- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and care provider, operating numerous Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services across Canberra. These services provide before and after school care, and school holiday programs. Our services focus on children. We place each child at the centre of our practice and deliver high-quality programs to foster children's emotional well-being, social skills, communication and confidence.
About the role
Under the guidance of the Out of School Hours Care Management, ensure the provision of a quality service that is responsive to the needs of children and families using the service
Prepare, implement and evaluate the Out of School Hours Care Program, including holiday programs, in line with the National Quality Framework.
Strong leadership qualities are required to effectively supervise and guide team members
You will have knowledge of current best practice with the sector, and experience. working with school aged children.
Two years studying any degree at a University and two years of working directly with children in paid employment or Diploma of Early Childhood Education or actively working towards holding this qualification (minimum of halfway through).
- Have experience working within the Children's Services Sector.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team of educators.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders with demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A Working with Vulnerable People Card.
- Current First Aid/Asthma Anaphylaxis training.
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
- Opportunities for career progression
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 07/04/2022