- Children’s Services
About the role
Under the guidance of the Out of School Hours Care Management, ensure the provision of a quality service that is responsive to the needs of children and families using the service
Prepare, implement and evaluate the Out of School Hours Care Program, including holiday programs, in line with the National Quality Framework.
Strong leadership qualities are required to effectively supervise and guide team members
You will have knowledge of current best practice with the sector, and experience. working with school aged children.
Two years studying any degree at a University and two years of working directly with children in paid employment or Diploma of Early Childhood Education or actively working towards holding this qualification (minimum of halfway through).
- Have experience working within the Children's Services Sector.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team of educators.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders with demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A Working with Vulnerable People Card.
- Current First Aid/Asthma Anaphylaxis training.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services across Canberra. These services provide before and after school care, and school holiday programs. Our services focus on children. We place each child at the centre of our practice and deliver high-quality programs to foster children's emotional well-being, social skills, communication and confidence.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 02/10/2022