Senior Manager Community Services is responsible for supporting the Director Community Services in the management of the organisation's community service programs and hubs.
The Senior Manager will oversee the management of the community hubs and be part of the senior leadership for the Communities at Work's Community Services division to provide the best results for our employees, volunteers, vulnerable clients and the community.
The position requires excellent time management and the ability to juggle competing priorities, an understanding of the community, work with committed teams and its needs as well as the ability to identify, explore and grow opportunities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Provide management to the community services teams including:
- Model good leadership to inspire direction and delivery, develop people, and drive change.
- Lead and manage teams in the provision of community services and centres across multiple business units that make up the Community Hubs
- Management and oversight of compliance with legislation, regulations, standards, codes and reporting responsibility.
- Manage business plans, monitoring progress and ensuring services align with the strategic plan, mission and purpose of Communities at Work
- Representing the organisation at external events and discussions
- Manage budgets, monitoring progress and ensuring expenditure remains within budgets.
- Ensure grant funding is expended in line with contract requirements and timeframes.
- Seek funding opportunities to grow and develop program and provide services. Contribute to grant/funding submissions.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are met and manage data according to requirements.
- Other duties as directed or as required by the business.
What We Offer
As a valued member of Communities at Work, you will:
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation.
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay with salary packaging.
- Access discounted childcare and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 4-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our mission is to enrich lives today and shape better futures for tomorrow. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community, including the provision of much-needed essential support such as food, clothing and accommodation assistance to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019 to 2022) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY, be sure to include a cover letter, or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Please visit our website or contact the People team for a copy of the position description.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 20/08/2023