About the role
The Senior Manager Risk, Governance and Compliance ensures that Communities at Work complies with all legislative requirements and internal risk, corporate governance and compliance policies, specifically across all services including the Seniors, Disability and Early Childhood and Education programs. The role will liaise with relevant stakeholders to oversee the corporate governance frameworks to identify and mitigate risks, ensure the organisation is sufficiently protected with insurance and to ensure a high-standard of care and services are provided to clients. The role will also oversee the coordination of the organisation's quality management system, including the organisational policies and procedures function, incident management and risk register.
- Management of the Risk, Governance and Compliance Team.
- Oversight of our risk register and critical incident register including ongoing internal audits and management of potential or actual non-compliance
- Oversight of program/service/site specific risk registers and risk treatment plans
- Design and develop effective internal auditing processes for Seniors and Disability programs
- Oversight of all internal auditing processes
- Provide oversight and direction of WHS processes.
- Ensure the organisation is protected by having a sufficient level of insurances.
- Work collaboratively with the RGC Coordinator and risk owners to document risk assessment reports and treatment plans as required.
- Oversee the accuracy and currency of and the continual improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Development and monitoring of organisational Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Assist with the formatting, writing and implementation of the QMS documentation, including but not limited to policies, procedures and program manuals
- Ensure QMS policies and procedures align with legislation, regulation, standards, best practice and customer specification
- Review, develop and implement improvements to Records Management practices, policies and procedures
- Provide guidance, advice, and training to organisational staff, ensuring compliance and correct implementation of policies, processes & systems
- Provide guidance, advice, and training to organisational staff to ensure an understanding of risk frameworks, fostering a culture of risk awareness and accountability
- Liaise with various stakeholders to maintain & implement systems to facilitate compliance in accordance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory changes
- Develop and maintain excellent internal, and if necessary external relationships with colleagues and stakeholders to promote professional and harmonious work environment
- Preparation of reports and documents
- Knowledge of and prior experience in risk management, corporate governance, compliance and/or quality improvement
- Strong ability to identify, assess and manage risks, monitor and support compliance obligations and document and implement policies and procedures
- Understanding of corporate insurance requirements
- Excellent written and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong understanding of legislative and compliance requirements of the Aged Care, NDIS and Children's Services sectors
- Maintain current "Working With Vulnerable People" registration
- Qualifications in Risk Management and/or Corporate Governance
- WHS qualifications or relevant experience
- Current driver's license
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you can salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted childcare and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 4-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 10/08/2023