About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the role
Under the guidance of the Out of School Hours Care Management, ensure the provision of a quality service that is responsive to the needs of children and families using the service. Prepare, implement and evaluate the Out of School Hours Care Program, including holiday programs, in line with the National Quality Framework. Strong leadership qualities are required to effectively supervise and guide team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on compliance with the Education and Care National Regulations
- Lead on the daily routine and operations of the program, including staff management, development and maintenance of effective supervision plans
- Document children's learning and experiences within the program. Guide the development of meaningful play and leisure experiences within the vision of the National Quality Framework
- Work in partnership with the Educational leader to develop the Quality Improvement Plan and guide and mentor educators through the assessment and ratings process
- Develop and maintain excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships for the benefit of Out of School Hours Care and Communities at Work
- Represent the Service at relevant meetings, professional development opportunities as guided by the Out of School Hours Care Management
- Other duties as directed
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or Bachelor Degree in Education and Care [or equivalent] or evidence of actively working towards the qualification
- 2+ Years' experience Children's Services, particularly in out of school hours care
- Sound understanding of National Quality Framework and curriculum planning.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and provide leadership to team members
- Experience in observing, documenting and reflecting on children's learning and development
- High level of organisational, written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and commitment to Work Health and Safety and Safe work practices and Communities at Work's Vision, Mission and Values
- Mandatory Reporting Certification
- Current First Aid Certification
- Food Safety Certification
- Experience in Educational Leadership
- Current driver's licence
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Strong ICT skills and experience in database systems, including Kidsoft
- Enjoy above-award wages of $40.40 per hour!
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and be sure to include a cover letter, or contact the People, Culture and Wellness Team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing date for applications: 26/04/2023