- Fixed Term
About the Team
Communities at Work's Lifestyle Programs (Seniors, Disability and Transport) deliver community support to seniors and people living with a disability in an environment characterised by trust and respect. Being a part of our team means supporting all clients with services that meet individual needs, empowering clients to pursue their own goals and making a difference in their lives.
About the Role
The Seniors Coordinator will oversee service delivery and provide direct supervision and leadership to staff and volunteers in the seniors programs. You will support the program Manager and Director of Lifestyle Services in the monitoring, reporting and improvement of these areas and in addition will work closely and collaboratively with the Transport Coordinator to ensure effective operations and communication between both programs. Your previous roles will involve customer service, especially in a problem solving role. This position is more than that as you will have a real opportunity to significantly improve the lives of vulnerable people in our community. The role requires an active and collaborative approach to risk assessment, supports development, planning and outcomes evaluation for new and existing clients who may have varying complexities of need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the delivery of services for the seniors programs
- Provide supervision, leadership and guidance to the program facilitators and volunteers
- Develop and deliver program activities to Seniors based on concepts and principles relating to Wellness and Reablement.
- Design and implement process improvement as required for the efficient and effective operation of the Seniors centre programs
- Monitor and evaluate activities and maintain appropriate records, including incident reporting, financial, monthly statistical reconciliations to ensure compliance with funding contractual agreements
- Develop and coordinate rosters and related records
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, Standards, policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy environment is maintained
- Operate within an approved budget
- Oversee service referrals and intake processes
- Ensure compliance with Communities at Work's Food Safety Program
- Participate in internal and external meetings as directed, including regular operational reviews and planning with the Transport Coordinator
- Provide support to the Transport Coordinator role during extended periods of leave
- Coordinate/Facilitate staff meetings and training
You are a problem solver and can deliver outcomes in a customer service/client centred enviroment. You also excel in what you do and are committed to lifetime learning. In addition, you display warmth and empathy and are comfortable working with and respectful of vulnerable people. You should also possess the following:
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration, First Aid and Food Safety Supervisor qualifications
- Demonstrated capacity to design and implement process improvements
- Teamwork and bias towards 'Let's work together to make this happen'- and foster collaborative customer relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Conscientiousness - a detail orientation, initiative and the ability and willingness to follow through to completion
- Optimism - the ability to work transparently and not internalise challenges
- Highly attuned communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent administrative skills - database management, Microsoft Office, and time management
- Current driver's licence
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in areas such as aged care, disability, allied health services or hospitality is desired
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee child care discounts
How to Apply
Click APPLY, be sure to include a cover letter, or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 09/12/2022