- Organisational Support
We are looking for a Social Impact Manager to lead Communities at Work's social impact program and deliver positive change in our community. You'll join Canberra's leading for-purpose organisation, leading an ambitious and transformational program.
The Social Impact Manager will develop and cultivate Communities at Work's social impact strategy, bringing significant expertise supporting, guiding and advising at a senior level as well as strong project management delivery. This is a new position, with plenty of scope to make this role your own.
About the Role
Under the guidance of the Chief Strategy Officer and working closely with the Community Development Manager, the Social Impact Manager will lead Communities at Work's social impact strategy, including planning, development, measuring, reporting and communicating.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the measurement of Communities at Work's social impact using an impact framework
- Develop and iterate program logics, theories of change and associated plans
- Conduct research involving internal and external stakeholders, community consultation and co-design
- Draft outcome evaluations, reports, other publications and presentations to share insights from social impact
- Facilitate and participate in consultations with individuals, groups, internal programs, and other agencies
- Develop and maintain excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Develop and implement strategies for knowledge transfer and dissemination with a focus on practice-based research
- Drive the implementation of quality improvement initiatives and new program development
You will be a passionate, creative thinker. A dynamic collaborator comfortable working with data, and able to build meaningful relationships with partners and stakeholders.
You will be innovative, tenacious, community-minded and committed to making things happen.
In addition, you will possess:
- A degree level qualification in Social Research or a related field
- Experience researching, evaluating, analysing, and communicating social research
- Understanding of social impact, frameworks, logic models, theories of change and monitoring and reporting of outcome evaluation plans
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, communicate and collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Experience in facilitation of stakeholder and community engagement
- Proven ability to communicate complex information in simple and compelling ways
- Ability to work independently and manage numerous projects simultaneously, with high attention to detail
- Experience working with the Microsoft suite of products
- Current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration (or ability to get one)
- Current driver's licence
- An understanding of Asset Based Community Development is also desirable
As a valued member of Communities at Work, you will:
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organization.
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay with salary packaging.
- Access discounted childcare and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY, be sure to include a cover letter, or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 07/10/2022