- Registered Training Organisation
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities@Work's Centre of Professional Learning and Education (CPLE) is a registered training organisation (RTO 88148) delivering vocational education and training primarily in the Early Childhood Education and Care sector. Working with us means becoming a part of a team of qualified, experienced, and passionate trainers focused on enhancing the quality of education and care delivered in services across the Canberra community.
About the role
Reporting to the RTO Manager, the purpose of this position is to enhance students' learning experience by providing high quality, engaging training and assessment that addresses the needs of the student, the ECEC profession and complies with all Communities@Work and various regulating bodies, policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Provide best practice training and assessment to students of the Registered Training Organisation
- Ensure legislative requirements are completed, including finalising and marking assessments in a according to Communities@Work policy and procedures
- Maintain accurate and appropriate electronic records and complete day to day administration including enrolment and funding paperwork
- Ensure students have the required support successfully complete their course of study or professional development
- Assist in developing and validating quality, contemporary training and assessment materials
- Undertake workplace assessment in a Children's Service setting and provide on the job mentoring
- Commitment to continuous improvement and maintenance of professional and vocational competency.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills along with an eye for detail
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in compliance requirements including ASQA Audits
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working With Vulnerable People' registration
- Certificate IV TAE 40116 or equivalent
- Degree and/or Diploma or equivalent in Early Childhood Education
- Current and relevant industry experience in Early Childhood Education including experience as a Centre Manager or equivalent job role.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education regulatory requirements, legislation, and the National Quality Standard
- Demonstrated knowledge of the VET sector, including standards and regulatory requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, staff and other organisations
- Knowledge and skill in developing and implementing training, assessment and professional development within key areas related to the ECEC sector
- Experience in delivering programs in a classroom setting
- Ability to meet the needs of learners from diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds
- Ability to work flexible work hours to facilitate training outside of regular business hours
- Current driver's licence.
- Instructional design within online learning environments
- RTO administrative experience
- Experience with VETRAK student management software
- Experience with the LMS Canvas Platform
- User Choice and Skilled Capital funding knowledge
- Experience delivering ECEC training and assessment services within an RTO environment
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 11/04/2021