- South Canberra
- Seniors & Disability Services
Communities at Work's Lifestyle Services Programs (Seniors, Transport and Disability Services) deliver community support to seniors and people living with a disability in an environment characterised by trust and respect. Being a part of our team means supporting all clients with services that meet individual needs, empowering clients to pursue their own goals and making a difference in their lives.
About the Role
The person in this role is responsible for the coordination of Community Transport Service bookings including interaction with clients, accurate data entry of requirements, allocation of transport runs that are efficient for drivers and associated administrative tasks.
You are a liaison between our client, driver and organisation and are pivotal in the effective operation of Communities at Work's transport service. To excel in this role, you need to enjoy providing exceptional customer service for both external and internal customers, be able to enter data quickly and accurately and contribute to a small but high performing team.
- taking calls from clients seeking transport or enquiring about our transport services
- facilitating booking requests
- advising clients on current service issues
- completing new client engagement processes
- coordinating drivers and vehicles, allocating bookings and preparing daily schedules
- liaising with drivers, providing support and problem solving
- entering accurate records and data and preparing data and service reports
- facilitate the maintenance of vehicles
- provide on-call phone services after-hours as scheduled
- general administrative duties
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Excellent communication, organisational and telephone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills, including accurate data entry and an understanding of databases
- A clear understanding and strong commitment to the practice of professional boundaries
- Proven experience in performing administrative tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work as a supportive and positive team member
- Capacity to work to the National Standards relating to disability, community and aged care services
- A current driving licence without restrictions
- Experience in a community transport environment
- Sound knowledge of the Canberra region and the ACT road system
- Knowledge of existing ACT Community Services and resources
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package and increase your take home pay.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and ensure to include a cover letter alongside your resume, or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 28/08/2022