- Seniors and Disability Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities@Work's Lifestyle Programs (Seniors, Disability, Transport and Support Coordination Services) deliver community support to seniors and people living with a disability in an environment characterised by trust and respect. Being a part of our team means supporting all clients with services that meet individual needs, empowering clients to pursue their own goals and making a difference in their lives.
About the Role
The person in this role is responsible for the coordination of Transport Service bookings including interaction with clients, accurate data entry of requirements, allocation of transport runs that are efficient for drivers and associated administrative tasks.
You are a liaison between our client, driver and organisation and are pivotal in the effective operation of Communities@Work's transport service. To excel in this role, you need to enjoy providing exceptional customer service for both external and internal customers, be able to enter data quickly and accurately and contribute to a small but high performing team.
1 take calls from clients seeking transport, which involves:
- responding to transport service enquiries and client booking requests
- advise clients on current service issues
- provide excellent customer service
2 enter accurate records and data into the transport database which involves:
- intake clients
- prepare data and service reports
- general administration duties
3 coordinate drivers and vehicles, which involves:
- coordinate and allocate transport bookings, drivers and vehicles
- driver liaison, support and problem solving
- prepare daily schedules for drivers and volunteers
- facilitate the maintenance of vehicles
- provide on-call phone services after-hours as scheduled
4 Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Excellent communication, organisational and telephone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills, including accurate data entry and an understanding of databases and
- A clear understanding and strong commitment to the practice of professional boundaries
- Proven experience in performing administrative tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work as a supportive and positive team member
- A current driving licence
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing administrative tasks including data base use and the ability to rapidly acquire TMA Software package competency
- Capacity to work to the National Standards relating to disability, community and aged care services
- A current driving licence without restrictions
- Experience in a community transport environment
- Experience working with volunteers and responding to their needs
- Sound knowledge of the Canberra region and the ACT road system
- Knowledge of existing ACT Community Services and resources
Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities@Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 04/10/2021