Please see below for important information about Communities@Work’s OSHC enrolments.
From 19 October, the enrolments will open to all new and existing families on a first-in first-served basis. Please visit this page to begin your OSHC Enrolment Application.
Before you begin your application, you will need:
- Your bank account details (to set up direct debit payments)
- Centrelink CRN (Customer Reference Number) for the Child Care Subsidy claimant
- Child’s immunisation records (find this by logging into your MyGov account)
- Child’s medical action plan (if relevant)
- Child’s Medicare details
- Child’s private health insurance details (if relevant)
- Ambulance cover (if applicable)
- Your doctor’s details
- Date of Birth, phone number and address of other adults able to pick up your child
If you require inclusion support or are currently using inclusion support, you will be contacted by our inclusion support officer.
You are recommended to use Google Chrome through a laptop/notebook or PC/MAC for the best user experience when using our Enrolments Portal.
Step by Step Process to Enrol
- Contact Centrelink to get a CRN (Customer Reference Number) and apply to do an income assessment to see if you are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy.
- Once you have your CRN, From 12 pm today, Tuesday 19 October 2021, click on the below link: https://www.commsatwork.org/school-hours-care-enrolment-enquiry
- Create an enrolment account (if you don’t already have one) on our website’s Enrolment Portal. (Username is your email address. Create your own password).
- Put in the Guardian and Child information and select your days and hit submit.
- You will then receive an email with a temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email and update the password. It will take you to our enrolment portal homepage.
- View your bookings (bookings in orange are offered, days in green are waitlisted).
- Click on ‘Complete Enrolment’. Please do not close the browser window after hitting submit at the end until you receive a notification on your screen that confirms your enrolment has been sent to the enrolments team.
- If your child has any allergies or behaviour diagnoses, our Inclusion Support Team will contact you before confirmation is sent.
- Once our enrolments team begin processing the enrolments, you will receive an official confirmation.
- Your booking will be confirmed once you receive an email from the Enrolments Team.
- Create a MyGov account (if you don’t already have one). Go to the MyGov website at my.gov.au, create an account and accept your enrolment. This is important to make sure there aren’t delays with the child care subsidy being applied (if you are eligible). Otherwise, you may be charged full fees.
- Set up your direct debit in our Enrolment Portal.
Watch the step-by-step video below on how to make a new OSHC booking if you need help!
Help with the Enrolments Portal
If you need helping using the enrolments portal, please watch our step-by-step how-to videos below:
HOW TO MAKE A NEW OUT OF SCHOOL HOURS CARE (OSHC) BOOKING:
HOW TO MAKE ALTERATIONS IN YOUR OSHC BOOKINGS:
*Please note that since the video has been recorded, the button colours have changed with the “Waitlist” colour as Red and the “Bookings” colour as Green.
HOW TO ROLLOVER YOUR OSHC ENROLMENTS:
OSHC Re-Enrolments (Rollovers) Now Closed
Re-Enrolments (Rollover) for existing families opened from 6 September 2021 in a staggered approach as follows:
- 6 September (12 pm) to 13 September 2021 (11.59 pm): Amaroo OSHC, Ngunnawal OSHC, Neville Bonner OSHC, and Ngunnawal Child Care and Education Centre (preschool into Kindy) OSHC.
- 13 September (12 pm) to 20 September 2021 (11.59 pm): Charles Weston OSHC, and Maribyrnong OSHC.
- 20 September (12 pm) to 27 September 2021 (11.59 pm): Mt Rogers OSHC, Monash OSHC, and Fadden OSHC.
- 27 September (12 pm) to 4 October 2021 (11.59 pm): Chisholm OSHC, Bonython OSHC, and Isabella Plains Early Childhood Service OSHC.
- 4 October (12 pm) to 11 October 2021 (11.59 pm): Gordon OSHC, Theodore OSHC, Wanniassa Hills OSHC, and Palmerston OSHC.
- Click on the link in the email sent to you from the Enrolments Portal to begin the rollover process. Please check your Spam folder if you haven’t received the email. Please contact our Enrolments Team if you haven’t received the email by the designated date for when rollovers open for your service by emailing email@example.com
- Make sure you go through each page when doing the rollover and ensure all your details are up-to-date (in the enrolments application in the portal).
- Please ensure you’ve got all your updated documents handy before beginning the rollover process (such as Contact Information etc.) – especially if any details have changed.
- You may also need to update your child’s immunisation records (log into MyGov), if not done already.
- If your child has siblings that are currently not enrolled, you will need to enrol them with the rollover. Required Medical Documents will need to be uploaded – if they have any allergies, medical conditions etc.
- If you are increasing days from what you have in 2021 and there is no availability, we’ll put you on a waitlist and notify you when a spot becomes available.
- If you are decreasing days, there will be no impact.
Contact our OSHC Enrolments Team
If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact our enrolments team between 8 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our phone support is unavailable during the COVID-19 lockdown.
You can also get in touch with Communities@Work using our get in touch form here.
For more information about our Out of School Hours Care (Before and After School Care) services, please visit this page.