Date: Wednesday 25th November
Time: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM AEDT
Venue: Tuggeranong Community Centre
245 Cowlishaw St, Greenway ACT 2900, Australia
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how to recognise opportunities for technical education
- explore invention, production, analysis and experimentation as facets of engineering
- recognise individual preferences in technical education and explore your own technical approach
- discover physical forces while leveraging, lifting, swinging and moving
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Topic learning objectives
- Invention, analysis, production and technical experiment as gateways to technical education
- Recognising individual preferences in technical education
- Physical forces and their effects in everyday life
Good to know: This workshop provides educators and teachers with a variety of tools and educational concepts to meet a range of requirements of the NQF and the EYLF.
Little Scientists Water, Air, Optics and Acoustics workshops are endorsed to provide TQI Registered Professional Development for teachers. Each workshop counts as 5 hours of PD. This workshop topic is currently in-progress to become TQI Registered and not yet confirmed.
Parking: Parking is available within the vicinity of the venue
Further information: Wear clothing suitable for hands-on activities and experiments.
Cost: $200 per participant. Ticket cost includes morning and afternoon tea. Please BYO lunch.
Who? This workshop is suitable for all educators and teachers and prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Facilitators: Chloe Brewer, Little Scientists trainer
Bring a friend. We know from experience that people who come along with a friend or colleague tend to get more out of the workshop. If you know someone who’d benefit from this workshop, send them this link to find out more and join your workshop.
Please note: The workshop is for educators and teachers only and it is not suitable for children to attend.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing this workshop will contribute 5 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing Standard Descriptors 2.1.2, 3.3.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.