Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches participants how to assist people who are developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis, until appropriate professional help is received, or the crisis resolves.
Like physical first aid, mental health first aid is given until the person receives professional help or until the crisis resolves. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses are delivered under the authority of Mental Health First Aid Australia, by MHFA accredited instructors.
Presented by: Australian Red Cross
Date: 26 – 27 June 2023
Time: 9.30am to 4pm (BOTH DAYS)
Venue: Communities at Work Denman Prospect 5 Felstead Vis, Denman Prospect ACT 2611
Cost: $275 AUD
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a digital PDF Certificate of Completion. For participants who complete the online accreditation assessment will receive a digital PDF Certificate of Accreditation.
There are no formal assessments for this course. Participants who complete this course are eligible to complete an online Accreditation Assessment in order to become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider for 3 years.
More information: https://mhfa.com.au/firstaider
- Learn how to respond to someone experiencing issues with mental health
- Develop skills to support a friend, family member or co-worker
- Make a difference to your community
- Improve your knowledge of mental health, supports and appropriate first aid strategies
- Improve your confidence in providing first aid to a person experiencing a mental health problem
- Decrease stigmatising attitudes
- Increase the amount of support available to others around you
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of alcohol or other drug use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviours
Booking Terms and Conditions:
Please contact CPLE email@example.com to advise of any cancellations or name changes.
*You may only register up to 2 participants per booking. If a training session has reached the maximum number of participants please contact CPLE to be placed on a wait list firstname.lastname@example.org *
Use the form below to make a booking, or click here to open the event page in a new tab and register.