Corporate Sponsorship for Charity
As Canberra’s largest not-for-profit community organisation supporting thousands of individuals and families in Canberra and the ACT region every year with essential and hardship support, educational opportunities, and long-lasting positive outcomes, Communities at Work is a renowned local charity in the region. When you engage in charity sponsorship with Communities at Work, you are contributing to a positive social impact while giving your organisation, workplace or business the opportunity to showcase your commitment to the local community.
There are a variety of ways to support Communities at Work with a charity sponsorship. You can:
- Sponsor a Galilee School event
- Sponsor a family’s weekly shop at our Community Pantries (by making a regular financial donation)
- Sponsor an order from FoodBank to stock our Community Pantries (by making an equivalent financial donation)
- Provide donated food or essential items to our community pantries
- Make an in-kind donation of books, arts and crafts, construction or other school-relevant equipment for the students in our Galilee School (years 7-12).
- Donate vending machines, charging ports, coffee machines, mosaic tiles or other such materials for our Seniors and Disability programs, or our Community Centres.
For more information about sponsoring or providing in-kind support, please Get in Touch with our Support Services for hardship (Social Programs) team. Our teams would be delighted to work with you on an approach that would be mutually beneficial.
Corporate Charity Partnership Opportunities
Communities at Work has a strong track record of working closely with the business sector to make a real difference in our community. We seek to deliver strategic value to our partners by providing them with an opportunity to enhance their reputation, build stakeholder loyalty and closely connect with the community.
When you partner with Communities at Work, you help us enrich lives today and shape better futures tomorrow for individuals and families struggling in the Canberra community, including at-risk youth, women and children fleeing domestic violence, those at risk of or experiencing homelessness, seniors and people living with disability, and vulnerable people facing sudden hardship.
There are several ways businesses, organisations, or corporates can partner with us to give back to the community and fulfil corporate social responsibility. The easiest way is to make us your charity partner – which will mean a whole host of activities and campaigns, both internal and external, to help us help the Canberra community! Past organisations that have made Communities at Work a charity partner include the Plus500 Brumbies and Canberra FM.
Contact us today to find out how your business can support us through a charity sponsorship or partnership!
You can also make a financial donation which we can use to buy goods/services to support our community services. Communities at Work is a charity registered by the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission and endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient by the Australian Taxation Office. All financial donations made above $2 are tax-deductible. Click here to make an instant donation online.
Other ways for corporates, businesses or organisations to support Communities at Work:
- Hold working bees, fundraising drives, or other team-building activities that result in donations to Communities at Work.
- Donate food, essential items, or clothing, to our community pantries, to assist people in need.
- Donate a percentage of your service fees to Communities at Work.
- Organise a fundraising drive at your workplace to collect food donations or financial donations for Communities at Work. Your donations will help us help the vulnerable and disadvantaged in the community.
- Provide a grant.
- Donate resources and equipment to our Galilee School for vulnerable high school students.
- Run fundraisers (like trivia nights, gold coin donations, sports competitions, and BBQs).
- Offer free or subsidised advertising in your media channels.
- Establish a workplace giving scheme.
- Offer subsidised or free professional services.
- Offer subsidised rental fees for your spaces.
- Register as a Christmas Appeal Supporter and Host a Giving Tree to collect food and gift donations at Christmas for people in need.
Want to know how we create a positive social impact? Visit our About Us page to know more about our services.