A New Adventure Every Day: School Holiday Programs in Canberra
Bookings are open for the Spring 2023 School Holiday Programs!
Holiday dates: Monday, 25 September to Friday, 06 October 2023.
See the program activity calendars by clicking your preferred school location below.
Communities at Work offers School Holiday Programs across Canberra. Our programs focus on fun and delivering a new adventure every day for your child. They include:
Excursions (visits to fun locations)
Incursions (visits from external activity providers to the schools)
In-service activities (a diverse range of flexible and adaptable activities run by our educators, and based on children’s choice).
The programs run from 7:30 am to 6 pm on weekdays during the school holidays (except for Emmaus, which opens from 8 am). All locations cater to children in preschool to Year 6, (except for Amaroo and Emmaus School Holiday Program, which is unable to accept preschool-aged children, and Isabella Plains, which cater to children preschool to Year 2).
Some of the great activities planned for these holidays:
✅ Get inspired by watching the illuminated circus show – Illuminata Circus Dance Party.
✅ Learn how to explore the outdoors- Arboretum Orienteering & Kite Flying.
✅ Prepare to be amazed by The Great Zamboni – Magic Show.
✅ Learn how to boulder – Mountain Strong Bouldering.
… and lots more!
School Holiday Program Fees
(effective 14 Aug 2023)
- $87.25 for in-service days (days on which educators at the service run activities for the children).
- $102.25 for incursion days (days on which external providers bring in special activities to the school holiday program service).
- $122.25 for excursion days (days on which educators and children visit an external location from the school holiday program location for fun activities).
Please note: these daily rates apply to all our school holiday program locations except for Ngunnawal Child Care and Education Centre, and Narrabundah Early Childhood Service School Holiday Programs. These centres operate at standard long daycare rates during the school holidays.
Our qualified and reliable educators provide more than just vacation care – they collaborate with children to ensure play, leisure and recreational activities are safe and meaningful. We place each child at the centre of our practice and build respectful and positive relationships with children, families and the community to develop connectedness, confidence and wellbeing.
- For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our FAQs page.
- For enrolment enquiries, please contact our Children’s Services Enrolments Team (CSET) by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 212 273 (Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- You can also use the Get in Touch form on this page to provide any feedback.
- Visit our Enrolments Portal page to submit your school holiday program enrolment enquiry.
What does my child need to bring?
Your child will need to bring a healthy morning tea, lunch, a hat and a drink bottle. Please note that unfortunately we cannot cook or reheat lunches.
What should my child wear?
Anything that is comfortable and easy to move in. For activities that involve water (specified in the program calendars), we also recommend the child bring a change of clothes.
Are the activities the same for all age groups?
Each program is different, but we always ensure that all activities are age-appropriate. All our locations are able to cater for children from pre-school to Year 6, except for Amaroo which is unable to care for preschool-aged children.
Step by Step Guide on using the Enrolments Portal
Have trouble making a booking for Communities at Work’s school holiday programs? Watch this video for a step-by-step guide on how to submit an enrolment enquiry to book your child into our holiday programs.
School Holiday Program Locations and Program Calendars