Volunteer with Communities@Work to share your skills and experience for the benefit of many people in need in the Canberra community. For more information on how we help those struggling, please visit our Support Services page.
Alongside becoming a part of a larger social impact, becoming a volunteer will also give you the opportunity to:
- meet new people and make new friends
- feel a part of your community
- expand your skills and potentially explore new career opportunities
- gain a sense of self-motivation and achievement
- build self-esteem and confidence
Steps to becoming a Communities@Work Volunteer
- Have a look at the volunteering opportunities we offer on our My Impact Portal here.
- Complete a Communities@Work Volunteer Application Form on the My Impact Portal here. If you would like a copy of the paper-based form posted to you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6293 6500.
- Lodge the Working with Vulnerable People application for registration at Access Canberra if you do not currently hold a WWVP card. If you do, bring the card with you when we meet.
- Attend a meeting to discuss volunteering options. Our team will be in touch with you to set this up.
- Successful applicants (who have their WWVP card) will then be invited to attend a Communities@Work induction session on specific program based activities.
Student Placements & Work Experience
If you are interested in completing a student placement or work experience at Communities@Work please contact our Human Resources department via email@example.com or by phoning 02 6293 6500.
Please note that Communities@Work is unable to offer Return to Work placements or volunteering linked to receiving pensions, government allowances or financial payments. To see Volunteering Australia’s definition of volunteering, visit: www.volunteeringaustralia.org
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.