Holiday Shutdown Notices
Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy festive season! Communities at Work offices will be closed from 12 PM on 23 December 2022 until 9 am on 3 January 2023 due to the Christmas and New Year's shutdown period.
Need help during the Christmas Shutdown?
Community Support Services (Social Programs)
- Community Food Pantries and Crisis Support Services: Closed from Friday 23 December 2022 at 11.30 am and will reopen on Wednesday 10 January 2023 from 9-1 pm. Please visit the support services page for details.
- Best Dressed Store Op Shop: Closed from Thursday 22 December 2022 at 4.00 pm and will reopen on Monday 9 January 2023 from 1.00-400pm. Please visit the store page for details.
- Gungahlin and Tuggeranong Community Centres: Closed from Friday 23 December 2022 at 11.30 am and will reopen on Wednesday 10 January 2023 from 9-1 pm.
- Clothing Program: Re-opening at 9 am on 10 January 2022. By appointment only.
We understand that holidays can be a difficult time for struggling families and individuals. If you need support during this period, please refer to these information guides about free meals and service shutdowns by Volunteering ACT (click here).
- Our Children’s Services Office Staff (including the Enrolments Team) will be closed from 12.30 pm on 23 December 2022 and will re-open at 9 am on 4 January 2022.
- Our OSHC services (before and after school care) closed Friday 16 December 2022 and reopen when Term 1 begins (31 January 2023).
- Our School Holiday Programs close Friday 23 December 2022 and reopen on 3 January 2023. Please visit the holiday programs webpage for details.
- Our Early Education and Care centres will be closed from Close of Business on 23 December 2022 and will re-open at standard times on 3 January 2023. Please visit the respective Centre page for the centre’s timings.
- Family Day Care and In-Home Care: as per the educators’ discretion. Please get in touch with your FDC & IHC educators directly to get accurate information on closing and re-opening times of their services.
Seniors and Disability Services (Lifestyles Programs)
- Our Lifestyles Programs staff will be out of the office from 23 December 2022 and will resume operations from 9 am on 3 January 2023.
- Our Seniors Centres Finished on 16 December 2022 and will return on 9 January 2023. Please refer to the Seniors Programs webpage for details/program calendars.
- Our Disability Programs will resume on 3 January 2023 (school holiday programs for children and teens, young adults & adults programs). Please refer to the Disability Services webpage for details/program calendars.
- Our Support Coordination and Transport services will resume operations on 3 January 2023.
- Our front-office Galilee School staff will close on Close of Business 24 December 2022 and will be back in the office on 4 January 2023.
- Our Galilee School will re-open for students when Term 1 begins (31 January 2022).
Centre of Professional Learning and Education (RTO 88148)
- The CPLE team will close on Friday 23 December 2022 at 12pm, and reopen on Tuesday 3 January 2023 at 9am.
- Some CPLE trainers may be on leave in January 2023, so for all study-related enquiries during the month, to receive a response, please email email@example.com in the event you receive an out-of-office reply from a trainer.
Communities at Work Organisational Support and Community Development Staff
- Our Organisational Support Staff (including Recruitment operations) will be on break from 12 pm on 23 December 2022 and will resume operations at 9 AM on 3 January 2023.
- Our Community Development team will be on break from 23 December 2022 and will resume operations at 9 AM on 3 January 2023.
You can still get in touch with us using the contact form on our website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and the relevant team will get back to you after the holidays!
Thank you for supporting us through 2022, and see you in the new year
Watch this lovely message from across Communities at Work for some festive cheer… and we hope you enjoy the bloopers too!