- Outside School Hours Care
- Children's Services
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community.
With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team.
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services across Canberra.These services provide before and after school care, and school holiday programs. Our services focus on children. We place each child at the centre of our practice and deliver high-quality programs to foster children's emotional well-being, social skills, communication and confidence.
About the Role.
We operate 13 Out of School Hours Care services around the ACT, located in schools across North and South Canberra. Our services operate between 7am and 9am in the mornings, and between 2pm and 6pm in the afternoons, 5 days per week.
Our Educators are responsible for the health and safety of the children in our care and proudly provide play-based learning in an exciting and innovative environment.
A 2IC position is the first step in a career which is supported by a knowledgeable leadership team and there are many opportunities for growth and promotion.
- Have a passion for working with school aged children, with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Certificate IV in Children's Services or equivalent
- Ability to travel to a range of our centre locations
- At least 3 days a week availability for shifts
- A First Aid certificate will be highly regarded
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 18/02/2022