- Fixed Term
- Children's Services
About the role
Communities at Work's Ascend Program is a sector-leading traineeship, a structured, on-the-job development program. It is a unique, paid-for traineeship that will open up a world of career and growth opportunities in the ACT and surrounds after gaining a qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Unlike many other traineeship programs, financial and practical support is offered every step of the way. This opportunity is open to anyone who is energised by being part of a great team - whether you are starting out a new career or whether you are interested in making a career change.
To be eligible for this program, you need to be:
- At least 18 years old by the 5 September 2022
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident OR a New Zealand Citizen who has lived in Australia for more than 6 months, OR a. visa holder with work rights on a pathway to permanent residency and not excluded from participation in government funded training
- Able to pass a basic literacy and numeracy assessment not already holding other relevant qualifications in early childhood or education
- Willing to work full time (38 hours per week).
About the Ascend Program
Our Ascend Program has places available for a start in September 2022. Information sessions and LLN Assessments will take place June-July 2022 followed by in-centre observation visits and interviews.
Please note this traineeship program includes a study component that requires trainees to be engaged in a Certificate III qualification with our Training organisation. For more information about the program, the qualifications etc, please visit commsatwork.org/ascend-program
Skills and Experience
The aim of the Ascend Program is to arm you with the skills, experience and qualification you need to become an educator in the early childhood sector. So, no prior experience is necessary to apply for the program. We are looking for candidates who have:
- Passion for working with children
- Enthusiasm for learning
- A motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Excellent work ethic and a professional attitude
- Willingness to travel to several locations across Canberra
- 'Working With Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain.
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Get a 95% discount on gap fees for children enrolled in our Early Education and Care or Out of School Hours Care services (after completing 6 months of probation).
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring, sponsored study options, career progression pathways and more.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package up to $15,900 and increase your take-home pay by up to $3600 per year.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle and healthy activity programs and reimbursements.
- Graduate with a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification,
How to Apply
Applications close Friday the Friday 24 June 2022 at 11:59.
To apply, click APPLY. Please contact the People Team for a confidential discussion at (02) 6293 6545 if you would like any further details.
Visit commsatwork.org/ascend-program for more information and to register for the information sessions.
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 24/06/2022