- Child Care Trainee Educator
Do you have a passion for working with children?
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Enthusiasm for learning
- A motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Excellent work ethic and a professional attitude
- Willingness to travel to several locations across Canberra
- 'Working With Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain.
The Ascend Traineeship
Successful applicants are provided with the opportunity to obtain a qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care while working full-time in our children's services, over a period of 18 months and being paid full-time wages.
As an Ascend trainee educator, you will:
- Work in one of our child care and education centres 4 days a week
- Attend paid classes according to a structured timetable
- Be supervised while caring for children at the service
- Assist in delivering high-quality early education and care to children at the service
- Apply theoretical concepts from the qualification study to the work at the centre
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates gain a nationally recognised qualification (CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care), essential to work in the early learning sector, and a potential offer to begin a successful, long-lasting career educating the next generation of leaders and influencers with Communities at Work.
To be eligible for the Ascend Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age, AND
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, OR
- An eligible visa holder Eligible Visa Holders - Skills (act.gov.au), AND
- be willing to be engaged in full-time employment at 38 hours per week.
Allocated shifts range between 7 am - 6 pm on Mondays to Fridays. You must be willing to work full shifts at 7.6 hours per day.
You will need to attend an Information Session and pass a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Assessment to progress in your application. More information will be provided once you submit your application.
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation.
- Get a 95% discount on gap fees for children enrolled in our Early Education and Care or Out of School Hours Care services (after completing 6 months of probation).
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring, sponsored study options, career progression pathways and more.
- You may be able to salary package and increase your take-home pay by thousands of dollars per year.
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle and healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination, and more).
- Graduate with a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification, a must to get jobs in the lucrative and growing early learning sector without having to pay fees, with options to study a Diploma after completion, and/or secure permanent ongoing employment with Communities at Work.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change.
You will be guided every step of the way with your qualification and mentored in-service to be the best educator you can be, with a range of career progression opportunities available within the organisation upon completion of the training program!
How to Apply
Applications close on 30 January 2023.
To apply, click APPLY. Please contact the People Team for a confidential discussion at (02) 6293 6545 if you would like any further details.
Visit commsatwork.org/ascend-program for more information and to register for the information sessions.
Closing date for applications: 30/01/2023