- Cook, Child Care and Education Centre
- Children's Services
- Annual salary range: $53,900 to $54,500
- Full Time Role
- Plan and Implement meals for the Childcare Centre
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Full Time Centre Cook to join the Communities@Work team at Abacus Early Childhood Centre. Weekday shifts only, you will prepare nutritional meals for children in one of our Southside Communities@Work friendly education and care service.
- Ensure food safety records are completed across the service, submit records and file.
- Delivery of nutritional meals that support the curriculum, care schedule and routine of the Centre
- In liaison with the centre manager, be responsible for the food budget and order food within budget, menus and food safety guidelines
- Communicate effectively with children, their families and colleagues about the provision of meals that support family preferences, allergies, cultural requests and other dietary requirements
- Be responsible for the regulatory standard relating to food storage, preparation of meals, delivery of meals and maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and hygiene in the food preparation area
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Experience in a food preparation
- General knowledge of a Child Care and Education Centres
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Food safety certificate
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your CV or contact Vanessa Hayes on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 26/03/2021