- North Canberra
- Support Services - Food, Clothing etc. Assistance
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Team
Communities@Work's Support Services (Social Programs and Volunteering) help those in need with food, clothing and accommodation. We support the most vulnerable and disadvantaged in the Canberra community by providing essential supports through our community pantries, a clothing program, a pre-loved clothing store, crisis support appointments, and transitional housing sites. Being a part of our team means making a difference in the lives of people struggling in the Canberra community.
About the Role
The role is responsible for the day to day delivery of the Communities@Work's Community Pantry and crisis support. The Community Pantries provide food, household and personal care items to individuals and groups who are experiencing hardship. Crisis support involves supporting individuals and groups with information, referral and material aid.
You will have good physical fitness?with the ability to lift and carry safely, as the position involves manual handling tasks. You will need to declare any previous injuries and any management of current injuries.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Community Pantry
- Coordinate the provision of crisis support
- The pantries are located in Gungahlin and Tuggeranong
- The opportunity to make a difference in a boutique program with lots of potential
Skills and Experience
- Experience coordinating staff or volunteers.
- Qualifications or experience in Community Services or Social Welfare sector.
- Proven capacity and ability to exercise sound judgement and show initiative.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and database skills.
- Demonstrated capability to engage effectively and build productive appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- A current Driver's license.
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration.
- Retail experience
- Food safety experience
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Please include a cover letter addressing the skills and experience required
Communities@Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 28/11/2021